Texas Department of Information Resources
You are here
Master Agreement with Texas Department
of Information Resources
The Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) offers Deliverables-Based IT Services (DBITS) to state agencies and government entities. MAXIMUS is pleased to be an approved Texas DIR DBITS vendor.
MAXIMUS offers the following Deliverables-Based IT Services:
IT Project Management
- Project Management service providers may perform any or all of the project management processes identified by the Project Management Institute as published in the PMBOK® Guide, Fifth Edition or most recent.
- Examples include utilizing the customer’s tools and processes, using off-the-shelf tools, using vendor’s own proprietary tools and processes to manage a project and using the Texas Project Delivery Framework. Information about the framework tool can be found at the following url: http://www.dir.texas.gov/management/projectdelivery/projectframework/pages/framework.aspx
Technology Upgrade/Migration & Transformation
- Technology Upgrade/Migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology Transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Upgrade/Migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
- Examples include assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and business case development for justification of an initiative. Also included are: technology transformations, which may include, appropriate return on investment (ROI), benchmarks and milestones. The following activities may also be included: planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services; and training support.
Information Technology Assessments and Planning
- IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
- Examples include IT assessments, including enterprise architecture and cloud assessments; staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments; bandwidth assessments, network performance and strategic and tactical planning.
- Application Development is the development of new applications which may be mainframe, server, network-based, web-based or a combination. The requirements for new applications may require interfaces to existing applications.
- Examples include web application development; mobile application development; service oriented architecture (SOA); researching; analyzing; gathering requirements; designing; programming; testing; documenting and implementing; applying changes to the software language and/or database in which the application is written; providing corrections for production or any changes needed and participation in disaster recovery planning and documentation.
Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Verification and Validation are independent procedures that are used together for in-depth analysis by checking that a product, service, or system meets requirements, independent oversight of SDLC processes and specifications and that it fulfills its intended purpose.
- Examples include validation of software design to meet system needs/requirements; traceability of safety critical requirements; design analysis of selected critical algorithms; and code analysis of mission-critical software components and the independent oversight and assessment of systems development life cycle (SDLC) processes (such as issue and risk management, requirements analysis, testing, data conversion etc.)
Information Technology Procurement Assistance
- Information Technology Procurement Assistance services may include assistance in IT Statement of Work (SOW) and/or Request for Offer (RFO) development. Procurement assistance activities may include requirements gathering, scoring criteria development, and evaluation criteria development.
- Examples include specification development, Statement of Work (SOW) development, and RFO development for IT products and services.
- Note: Under Texas Government Code, § 2155.004, a state agency may not accept a bid or award a contract that includes proposed financial participation by a person who received compensation from the agency to participate in preparing the specifications or request for proposals on which the bid or contract is based. The selected vendor and the employees of that vendor who perform IT Procurement Assistance Services will be ineligible to respond to any resulting solicitation(s).
How to Order Services from MAXIMUS
- Contact Paula Wales with MAXIMUS at 303.285.7136.
- Prepare a Statement of Work (SOW) that is in compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the DIR DBITS Contract and submit it to MAXIMUS and two or more vendors of your choice. Click here for details on creating a compliant SOW.
- Upon selection of MAXIMUS, begin SOW and pricing negotiations.
- With both parties in agreement, submit a purchase order that includes our DIR Contract Number: DIR-TSO-4097. Click here to view our contract page.
MAXIMUS DIR Contact Information
Paula Wales, Vice President, Human Services
1891 Metro Center Drive
Reston, VA 20190