Thank you for joining Maximus as we work to alleviate global humanitarian crises.
- How can I help?
Any contribution amount makes a difference.
All Employees and Contractors
Maximus employees and contractors around the world may donate online via Paypal. You may select the organization(s) of your choice to receive your donation. If you wish to support more than one nonprofit, you may submit multiple contributions or select to contribute equally to all three in the dropdown.
U.S. employees on Maximus payroll may contribute through payroll deduction by completing this form. You will need to log in with your Maximus ID and password.
There are no processing fees associated with payroll donations. Payroll donations will be distributed equally between all three nonprofit partners.
Given the urgent need for this funding, we ask that all contributions be made by September 12, 2021, to be eligible for matching funds and to ensure timely distribution to our partner organizations.
- Where will my donation go?
Your donation provides relief for those affected by financially supporting the organization’s serving them. Your support allows the selected nonprofits to quickly innovate and adapt as they continue helping those in need during this crisis. All contributions will be directed to the following carefully vetted organizations:
- The Khaled Hosseini Foundation: Founded by United Nations Refugee Agency Ambassador and author of The Kite Runner, Khaled Hosseini’s organization helps Afghans, particularly women and children in need
- The Wounded Warrior Project: One of the most widely recognized veteran’s organizations that focuses on assisting “service personnel who incurred a physical or mental injury, illness or wound while serving since September 11, 2001”
- Unlocking Communities: A smaller organization with significant community engagement and connections with great impact metrics that is on the ground delivering much-needed aid
You may contribute to any or all of the nonprofit partners. To donate to one or all three nonprofits, select the appropriate drop down from the PayPal donation page.
To donate to two of your choice, please make a single contribution to both organizations to ensure accurate distribution.
- Will my contribution be matched?
Through September 21, 2021, Maximus will match employee donations dollar-for-dollar, up to $50,000 per organization or $150,000 in total.
- Is there a minimum donation amount?
There is no minimum donation amount. Every dollar counts.
- Is my contribution tax-deductible?
The Maximus Foundation is a Section 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, so your contributions are tax-deductible on your individual tax return to the extent provided under Section 170 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. This does not serve as a tax recommendation; you should seek input from a financial advisor regarding any questions. The Foundation’s Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, is 54-1993677.
- I can’t donate through Paypal or U.S. payroll. How can I be involved?
You can donate directly to any of our carefully selected partners:
If you cannot donate with a credit or debit card, you may send a check via mail to the organization(s) of your choice. Each organization provides directions on its website.
Send your donation receipt or other confirmation of your donation to the Maximus Foundation before September 21, 2021, and we will include your donation in our matching pledge.
- Update from Unlocking Communities
Thank you for your extra support during this time. We wanted to share an update with you to share some of what your support has allowed us to do. Since the earthquake first hit on August 14, your support has allowed us to distribute 1,500 gallons of soap made by our entrepreneurs in Hinche, support our Haiti team’s family and friends in the region, and facilitate the transportation and distribution of medicine, food, and water filtration systems to damaged communities. We have impacted 10,000+ through our immediate response efforts.
We have also done the following with your support and that of our partners:
- We delivered the first truck of supplies to Duchity and the surrounding communities. In Duchity, one out of every two homes was destroyed. This delivery was made possible by the support of St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church.
- We facilitated the construction of 200+ hygiene kits that were added to boxes of locally grown food to be distributed across the south. The distribution of the boxes is being coordinated by Partners in Progress.
- Continued our planning to build long-term disaster resilience through preparations to open a factory in Haiti to produce water filtration systems.
With the support of our community, we are working on the following:
- We are in the process of delivering high-capacity water filtration systems to areas of greatest need that have yet to be reached by any other organization. These filters have been donated by LifeStraw and Wine to Water. All told these systems will provide clean water for over 10,000 people!
- We are also wrapping up the production of an additional 1,500 gallons of soap for immediate distribution by Partners in Health and others working in the earthquake-hit areas. The production of the soap is funded by Soapbox Soaps.
While working on this earthquake response, we are continuing to move forward with plans to build a water filtration system factory in Hinche, Haiti. Opening the factory will allow us to provide a stable source of employment for local Haitians, as well as ensure that all in the country can have access to clean water at all times.
All this work would not be possible without your support which allowed us to have staff in place and be able to assist.
Founder and CEO
- Update from The Khaled Hosseini Foundation
First and foremost, I want to express my gratitude to Maximus on behalf of the Khaled Hosseini Foundation for organizing this appeal and opening it up to all of its employees around the world. I am comforted to know that many Maximus employees feel just as strongly as I do about the crisis unfolding in Afghanistan and feel compelled to help. For that, I am enormously grateful.
I have been watching the recent developments in Afghanistan with immense sadness. The events unfolding in my homeland bring into stark relief the progress that has been made as well as what is truly at stake. Whole generations of girls have grown up to become educated young women who, in many cases, have pursued jobs outside of the home and are the head of their households. We have seen women take roles in the government, arts, healthcare, and technology. With the advancement of the Taliban, these women and now their daughters may very well be cloistered away in their homes with their freedoms and advancements stripped away from them.
There are many vulnerable Afghans who remain in Afghanistan and fear what may come next. The UNHCR estimates that more than 500,000 Afghans, the majority of which are children, have been internally displaced within the country due to violence and unrest since the beginning of this year. In recent days, families fleeing increased violence have been forced to sleep outside with no shelter or way to protect their children from the elements, sufficient food, or water. There is no question that the need is great.
The Khaled Hosseini Foundation is in contact with our grantees to learn of their safety and working with them to assess their needs. We will not abandon women and children in Afghanistan. We recognize that they need our support now more than ever.
I am immensely grateful to everyone at Maximus for not just their interest in what is happening in Afghanistan but their desire to help. You have chosen to act, reaffirming that we are all part of a global community, and when one of us suffers, we all do. Thank you for helping women, children, and families who are facing a humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan.
Founder and President
The Khaled Hosseini Foundation
Contact the Maximus Foundation at MaximusCharitableFoundation@maximus.com or 1.888.267.0988.
On behalf of Maximus, the Foundation, and our communities around the world, we extend our heartfelt thanks for your contribution.