Did you know that August is National Child Support Awareness Month?
MAXIMUS is excited to help spread the word about the importance of child support programs in ensuring children receive the financial support they need and deserve from both parents.
Since 1992, we’ve partnered with state and local agencies to operate programs across the spectrum of child support – from undertaking comprehensive operations management to delivering targeted services like paternity acknowledgement and new hire reporting. Our dedicated teams work with parents, employers, the courts and a wide range of community partners to help parents achieve self-sufficiency and the ability to provide for their children.
Our singular mission of Helping Government Serve the People® drives everything we do. As a result, MAXIMUS is committed to:
- Putting children first. This focus is our inspiration – and ensuring the best possible outcomes for the young people who depend on the system remains our most important task.
- Helping parents understand their responsibilities and role in the health and wellbeing of their children. We develop support and parenting plans that are fair to both parties while putting the welfare of minors first.
- Educating employers about the importance of new hire reporting, income withholding compliance and medical support provisions in court orders. We streamline complex processes and speed up the delivery of critical outcomes.
- Working with and aiding the courts to ensure that support orders are based on the most accurate information available, and to make sure both parents are aware of their financial obligations to their children.
- Teaming up with our community partners to help identify resources to overcome obstacles, including low-income housing support, biopsychosocial supports and other needed services to ensure that each family as a unit has the help they need.
Our innovative, customized solutions help child support agencies overcome common obstacles. Our services help noncustodial parents start off on the right foot in meeting their obligations, and our people help parents avoid debt and “right size” their monthly child support payments through order modifications. Just as importantly, we educate employers on the importance of complying with new hire reporting, IWO and NMSN requirements.
Child support programs play a vital role in safeguarding the health and wellbeing of children, families and their communities. This August, we celebrate professionals everywhere who perform this important work. Thank you for all that you do to serve families and communities! Together we can do great things.