Training and Resources
OMB Uniform Guidance, the CAS Best Practices Manual and training opportunities offered by Maximus.
Workshops and Meetings
Maximus offers a variety of workshops as well as our Annual Meeting that enable you to hear presentations from university experts and Maximus staff, meet and interact with peers from other institutions, and earn CPE credits.
Information about upcoming webinars is listed in the schedule. Recordings of recent webinars are listed below:
- Service Centers - Are They Right for You? | May 19, 2020
- Improving Your Space Process | February 4, 2020
- Tips for Becoming a CRIS Power User | August 20, 2019
- Information for F&A Short Form Institutions | July 16, 2019
- Service Center Accounting Concepts | June 4, 2019
- Pooled fringe rates - how to determine if they are right for your institution | March 5, 2019
- Introduction to facilities and administrative rates and recovery | February 19, 2019
- Improving your space management process | January 29, 2019
- Rate setting for service centers – the basics | August 18, 2018
- Compliance considerations for F&A Rate Proposals | July 17, 2018
OMB Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards
In 2013, the Federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued final guidance on administrative requirements, cost principles and audit requirements for federal awards (which includes research grant awards). Per the OMB website, this guidance “will supersede requirements from OMB Circulars A-21, A-87, A-110 and A-122 (which have been placed in 2 C.F.R. Parts 220, 225, 215 and 230); Circulars A-89, A-102 and A-133; and the guidance in Circular A-50 on Single Audit Act follow-up.”
Check out our detailed resource page on OMB Uniform Guidance.