Robotic process automation: A brave new world – Federal Tech Talk
MAXIMUS Federal’s Tom Romeo sat down with Federal News Network to discuss Robotic Process Automation (RPA), digital transformation, and improving the efficiency of government workflows through emerging technologies. If you missed the broadcast, you can hear the entire interview here: federalnewsnetwork.com/category/radio-interviews/federal-tech-talk/
Here are the key takeaways from the interview.
- Robotic process automation is already saving private companies and government agencies time and money by freeing skilled workers from onerous tasks – and things are just getting started.
- Accuracy and productivity gains offer significant additional benefits.
- Humans are still a critical element – both in providing oversight and in tackling exceptions or complex tasks that are unsuited to automation.
- Automation works best when addressed as part of overarching efforts to improve processes and citizen services.
- Robotic process automation is more robust and adaptable than macros and other simple tools – but is not quite so powerful as Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- There are some risks, but they are manageable.
- This is just the beginning for RPA and the digital transformation of government services.