CRIS University: Introduction to CRIS Workshop
Dates: May 2024 (exact dates TBD)
About this Workshop
This live introductory workshop provides university professionals who prepare F&A rate proposals with an overview of the Maximus Comprehensive Rate Information System - CRIS.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Gain basic familiarity with the CRIS application under the direction of Maximus staff.
- Complete a CRIS model using data for a simulated university.
- Calculate an F&A rate for the modeled university and generate reports for a rate proposal.
- Learn how to use the CRIS analytical tools to optimize rates and to make data-driven decisions.
- Step through the CRIS process of calculating the Utility Cost Adjustment, which may increase your Organized Research F&A rate by up to 1.3 points.
CRIS is compliant with Uniform Guidance 2 CFR PART 200 and is the most proven and widely trusted F&A software in the industry. Over 250 institutions use CRIS to calculate and negotiate F&A rates. CRIS has demonstrated and proven the optimization of F&A reimbursement through thousands of negotiations with HHS-CAS and ONR.
Participants will earn 17 CPE credits for the successful completion of this entire workshop.