Virginia Matthews, RN, BSN, MBA
Program Director, California Diversion Project
Ms. Matthews has more than 30 years of experience in health care delivery both in clinical and administrative settings. Her experience includes:
- Project Manager, Maximus California Health Professionals Diversion Program
- Vice President for Clinical Systems, West Region, for a major psychiatric hospital company
- Director of Clinical Systems for 2 large metropolitan Psychiatric Hospitals
- Consultant to psychiatric and substance abuse facilities for hospital operations
- Hospital CEO, Administrator, and COO
- Direct patient care experience as an RN in general medical, psychiatric and substance use disorder settings.
- Certified Transformational Life Coach
Since joining Maximus in 2007, Ms. Matthews has served as the Program Director for the California Diversion Project. Ms. Matthews brings to the Diversion Project a management perspective that is tempered with practical hands-on experience. As the Diversion Director she has continued to improve the processes and deliverables that support the Diversion Project.
This position has provided Ms. Matthews the opportunity to testify twice in front of the California Senate Business, Professions and Economic Development Committee, speak to various California Licensing Boards, and testify in Federal Court in a major litigation.