Healthy Louisiana app: First of its kind
Our mobile app for Medicaid enrollment in Louisiana has raised the bar for streamlining the beneficiary experience. And we keep improving it with new user-friendly avenues for finding information, selecting health care plans, enrolling and getting assistance. The app is part of an integrated effort to improve outcomes for the Department of Health, encompassing the web, social media, email and other tactics.
In 2017, MAXIMUS designed and implemented a mobile application (app) to support Louisiana’s Medicaid managed care program, Healthy Louisiana. Our mobile technology provides the state’s beneficiaries a streamlined, simplified enrollment experience that is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Supported by Apple and Android operating systems, the app enables beneficiaries to easily compare health plans and find medical providers before completing enrollment selections using their mobile devices.
The secure, HIPAA-compliant app features strong authentication and encryption to protect beneficiaries’ Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Additionally, the app is multilingual and Section 508 compliant with built-in availability for assistive technology, ensuring accessibility for beneficiaries.
Our enrollment mobile app offers the following features:
- Multilingual - Users can select English or Spanish to authenticate, view their enrollment status, and enroll by choosing a Medicaid provider and health plan.
- User Profile - Once logged-in, users review and edit their profile information, helping to maintain accurate and up-to date beneficiary information.
- Plan Comparison - Users easily compare health plans by viewing health plan descriptions, as well as ratings by independent reviewers and accreditations.
- Provider Search - Users search providers by the plans they support, as well as name, city, county, zip code, distance from home address, provider languages, provider gender, clinic name, specialty or affiliated hospital
- FAQs / Help - Users can access built-in help features, frequently asked questions, easy user tutorial screens and customer contact center information.