Internal Revenue Service

Three decades of partnering with the IRS to advance the mission

IRS by the numbers

30%

of our team members are former IRS staff

27

filing seasons in which we’ve supported the IRS

100+

team members with 15+ years of service with the IRS

A partner with an eye toward the future

Maximus is the most committed and invested partner supporting the IRS. We combine legacy knowledge and domain expertise with the right people, processes, and technology to deliver mission success. They trust us to solve problems for them, and by extension, the American taxpayer, and we take that trust very seriously.

Learn more

 

People with commitment

Our IRS team ensures continuity of filing for the U.S. Federal Government and secure, timely and accurate returns for the more than 150 million individual American taxpayers. Roughly 30% of the team is comprised of previous IRS employees. The other 70% brings the best of technology and processes to support the agency’s mission. 

150 million

American taxpayers supported

People with commitment

Leadership Insight: The impact of the Taxpayer First Act

The Taxpayer First Act challenges the IRS to incorporate best practices in customer service – and its modern vision for the agency has been embraced from the highest levels of leadership. Our resident IRS expert shares his take on the impacts of the legislation. 

Learn more
Leadership Insight: The impact of the Taxpayer First Act

Watch our experts on "Government Matters"

Innovative technology

At Maximus, we bring our history with the IRS together with an expanded set of capabilities and leverage them for the benefit of the IRS mission. Working with Maximus means the IRS doesn’t have to choose between legacy knowledge and expertise in emerging technology areas. They get both. 

Learn more

Our people are our most valuable asset

We prioritize recruiting and retaining ambitious graduates uniquely suited to serve the IT needs of the IRS. Our partnership with Prince George’s Community College helps us contribute to the agency’s talent pipeline.

Learn more
Our people are our most valuable asset